82 year-old man dies after eating poisonous mushrooms!

82 year-old man dies after eating poisonous mushrooms!

I just saw this news post about Angelo Crippa. This adds further emphasis to the dangers of eating wild mushrooms. Crippa had eaten wild mushrooms his whole life. Certainly he could be considered an expert.

According the one report, he even checked the type he ate with the reference guide and thought they were safe.

Though I have eaten wild mushrooms, I still think the best way to enjoy mushrooms is to buy them from the store!

There are between 10,000 and 30,000 known species of mushrooms, and of those only about 500 – 600 are known to be safely edible. Don’t risk it!

-Tracy

Advertisements